SGN Breeders Toolbox
The purpose of this page is to give breeders direct links to breeder-relevant tools and data on SGN. It is a work in progress and your feedback or suggestions are welcome to build this into a comprehensive, easy to use and breeder-friendly resource.
We love feedback! Please contact Joyce van Eck with suggestions for improvements!
- The SGN Breeders Toolbox webinar by Joyce Van Eck
- Plant Breeding and Genomics at the eXtension site
- Tomato Genome Browser Webinar presented at the 2010 Tomato Disease Workshop by Heather Merk
- Designing a CAPS Marker From a SNP Using The SGN CAPS Designer by Heather Merk
- A voiceover Powerpoint tutorial for the "Markers" tool by Heather Merk
- Browse the SGN Markers database
- Browse available controlled vocabularies using the SGN Ontology browser
- Develop CAPS markers using the CAPS Designer
- Check intron locations in transript data using the Intron Finder
- QTL data submssion and on-the-fly QTL analysis for Solanaceae traits
- SGN gene and phenotype submission guide
|Tools in development|
- SNP discovery tool. This will be part of the SolCAP project.
- TomatoMap.Net - a site for Tomato Genetics at Ohio State University.
- SolCAP - the official SolCAP website at Michigan State University.
- Tomato Analyzer - software for scoring fruit shape and other shapes.
- Submitting data to SGN - instruction for data submissions to SGN.