Forum Topic: How to Make Money Blogging – of the Best Ideas

View topics list | Add post

How to Make Money Blogging – of the Best Ideas

Trying to figure out how to make money with a blog? I mean, as fun as starting a blog is, I don’t think there are very many people who would mind earning at least a little side income from their blog! But how do you actually go about monetizing your blog? Do you just throw up a bunch of popup ads and call it a day? Well…you can. But if you go with that approach – you’re leaving a ton of less intrusive monetization options on the table. In this post, I’m going to go over a whole heap of ideas for how to make money with a blog. I’ll cover everything from the most popular methods (that you might already be familiar with) down to some niche methods that might not have considered already. The best part is you can use multiple monetization ideas at the same time to create a truly diversified income stream from your blog. Enough chatting – let’s get to the money-making ideas. 17 ways to make money from your #blog - #monetization CLICK TO TWEET How to make money blogging in 2020 Before I jump into the ideas, let me just give you a quick rundown of how I’m going to be ordering them. I’ll start with the most popular monetization methods and slowly get more narrow as the list goes on. So if you’re already familiar with the basics of how to make money with a blog, you might be able to skip the first few suggestions. Otherwise, start at the beginning! 1. Promote products via affiliate marketing Let’s start with one of the biggest money makers for bloggers…that regular people often aren’t familiar with: Affiliate marketing. With affiliate marketing, you get paid for linking or otherwise recommending products or services if someone purchases a product as a result of clicking from your site. When someone buys after visiting from your site, you’ll get either a percentage or flat-rate commission. For example, you could write a product review blog post and get paid if someone buys as a result of your review. An example of this in action is our SiteGround review. If someone signs up to SiteGround from our review, we earn a small commission. Or, you can always curate or mention multiple products at a time. The important thing here is that the customer still gets the same price, no matter if they buy something based on an affiliate’s recommendation or directly from the vendor. So how can you find these affiliate opportunities? One way is to look in companies’ website footers for an Affiliates link. A good percentage of businesses have such links and you can find out about their affiliate program. Another way is to sign up to an affiliate network (a collection of affiliate programs). Some good networks are: ShareASale Commission Junction Clickbank Lastly, if you’re into WordPress, there are two more options that we can recommend: Our own affiliate program here at ThemeIsle. Check the details here. A list of the top WordPress-related affiliate programs in the market. 2. Use Google AdSense ads I’m giving Google AdSense its own category because it’s one of the most popular and easiest ways to start monetizing your blog. I’m guessing you’re familiar with what AdSense ads look like. If not, here’s a quick example: To get such ads on your site, all you need to do is sign up for AdSense and add the ad code to your site. Then, Google will serve up ads that are relevant to your content and your visitors. And you’ll get paid if someone clicks on your ad (known as cost per click) or even if someone just views your ad (known as cost per impression).

This topic was started by Zinger Fraun.
Posted by riiupw afrass on 2020-03-20 06:50:55

I saved the article https://www.james-scholes.com/how-to-make-money-with-a-wordpress-blog/ in the bookmarks, did not master it at a time, but already found useful material for myself. I partially filled my blog on the local server on my computer, and then uploaded it to the hosting, so some of the details of the WordPress installation process differ, albeit slightly. In general, WordPress is super! I am very glad that I met this system. I will continue my training. Thanks.

View topics list | Add post