SolCyc Biochemical Pathways
SolCyc is a collection of Pathway Genome Databases (PGDBs) for Solanaceae species generated using Pathway Tools software from SRI International, the same software that is used in AraCyc for Arabidopsis thaliana and EcoCyc for E. coli.
Currently, databases for tomato, potato, and pepper are available, generated from the respective genome annotations. Databases that have received significant curation are marked with a TIER 1. The eggplant database is not longer supported or available.
- Tomato Solanum lycopersicum (LycoCyc)
- Potato Solanum tuberosum (PotatoCyc)
- Pepper Capsicum annuum (CapCyc)
- Coffee Coffea arabica (CoffeaCyc)
- Petunia Petunia hybrida (PetCyc)
- Tobacco Nicotiana tabacum (K326Cyc) TIER 1
- Nicotiana attenuata (NattCyc) TIER 1
- Nicotiana sylvestris (NiSylCyc) TIER 1
- Nicotiana tomentosiformis (NiTomCyc)
- Tobacco Combined Nicotiana genus (NicotianaCyc) TIER 1
- Solanaceae Combined Solanaceae database (SolanaCyc) TIER 1
More databases will be generated in the future, and the annotation will be improved by adding more Solanaceae specific pathways.
Note the availability of the Omics viewer, which allows microarray, gene chip, proteomics, and metabolomic information to be overlaid over the pathway overview diagrams.
We currently maintain a Perl interface and a Java interface for Pathway Tools: JavaCyc and PerlCyc. More information is available on the software downloads page. };